A traditional holiday donation has been made
to these charities ouremployees support:
Special Olympics of VA
SPCA of Richmond
Richmond Cycling Corps
American Cancer Society
Wounded Warrior Project
American Red Cross Richmond Chapter
May you and your family find peace and prosperity
in the coming New Year.
– The staff at GroundForce IT
All I Want for the Holidays is Internet Safety
We love this time of year. Why? Because of course we get to spend more time with our family and friends, but this is also the time of year when many folks will be enjoying new technology.
Sure, we specialize in setting up business systems, but, as we look forward to celebrating the holidays with our family, we thought we would share a few Family Safety Tips from the Microsoft website.
Make sure to visit this website when you are setting up your new home purchases. When you are ready to apply the corporate level versions of this safety measure, contact us — setting up your corporate systems is more involved, but relax. We’re here to help with all your business technology concerns!
“Protecting and Monitoring Your Children’s Internet Browsing and Computer Usage ( Windows 7 or 8 )
Microsoft has made it really easy to protect internet browsing and computing in general. This Family Safety measure will need to be installed on each PC your child uses. If you run into a problem, or want more detailed information, visit Microsoft’s Family Safety Set Up page.
Setting up Family Safety
1. See if Family Safety is installed on your PC by going to Start button, click All Programs, click Windows Live and then click Windows Live Family Safety. If it is not there, you can download it from here.
2. Login to Windows Live Family Safety as the primary parent with your Microsoft account. If you do not have a Microsoft account you will be able to create one. Each parent and child will need an account on the PC as well as a Microsoft account.
3. Select the accounts you want to monitor. Each child will need an account on the PC.
4. Go to the Family Safety website (https://familysafety.microsoft.com/) to tweak settings for each user.
5. You will be able to log back into the Family Safety website at any time to monitor the websites your children are visiting.
We wish you and your family a happy and SAFE, New Year!